1. How do you think people felt upon their arrival at Ellis Island?
I think that the people felt overjoyed upon their arrival at Ellis Island because they had made it past immigration and were now ready start a fresh new life at Ellis Island. I also think that they were curious to see this new island and were wondering whether this island was worth all of their struggles.
2. What do you think the screening process was like in immigration hall?
I think that the screening process in the immigration hall was extremely stressful and scary because this process would decide your fate - whether or not you would make it to Ellis Island. I also think that the screening process must have been short but thorough and must've caused a lot of anxiety for the people.
3. How did you feel when you arrived at the classroom and learned about your fate?
I felt a little disappointed because I hadn't arrived at Ellis Island and wasn't a U.S citizen. I also felt unprepared as I didn't know the answers to some of the questions asked by the officer, therefore I was seen as mentally ill which was proven by a black X on my hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment