One thing that I found interesting was that the workers, and the restaurant owner would make "rainbow" bagels even if they can only make 100 bagels in 5 hours, in comparison to being able to make 5,000 ordinary bagels in the same amount of time. Maybe it's because they want their shop to be unique and get better business. I think that the rainbow bagels attract business because when you say, "I ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast" it's not very interesting but when you say, "I ate a rainbow bagel with funfetti cream cheese for breakfast" it's more exciting and interesting to hear. Perhaps they also make more business because the rainbow bagels give the illusion that it tastes better I mean if it's rainbow, it has to taste better, right?
Rainbow Bagel Information Link
Rainbow Bagels image link

Paper Battery:
One thing that I found interesting is that scientists and engineers have now evolved technology to create an invention that is a battery made out of paper! While scientists and engineers state that this is environmentally friendly, I cannot say I completely agree. I understand that it is better than polluting the air, but by using paper, they are cutting trees and destroying animal habitats. It is a step towards reducing air pollution and green house gases so perhaps near the future, the paper battery will evolve to something that doesn't cause air pollution but also doesn't cut down so many trees.
Paper Battery Image Link and Information Link
No comments:
Post a Comment