Now I think about chemistry in a whole new way! I know what acids, bases and pH indicators are. I can now connect chemistry to my daily life. For example, the food that I eat like Oreos and cereal, all have chemicals as wells as acids/bases in them. From icepacks to glow sticks, everything has chemistry in it! From this chemistry unit, I have learnt about how acids and bases work as well as what pH indicators do. I thought that acids were all dangerous chemicals but now I know that acids can be dangerous as well as safe, I didn't even know what bases were! I even know the properties of acids and bases. For example, bases usually make good cleaning products and taste sour. There are many types of pH indicators as well like phenolphthalein and cabbage juice. I know connect acids and bases to my every day life.
Monday, 1 February 2016
Chemistry Unit Reflection
Regarding chemistry, before I thought that chemistry was just a couple of flasks and beakers with perhaps a couple of droppers on the side. Maybe there were a few substances with many colours or some sort of liquid in the beakers or flasks, but that was it. That was all that I thought was chemistry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog 12: Sustainable Cities
NeWater desalinates and recycles water ( https://www.pub.gov.sg/watersupply/fournationaltaps/newater ) Renewable energy: solar farm ( https:...
-
To all those people who don't do work in group projects, Please know that you are the cause of my suffering. You couldn't do you...
-
The polished wooden stage is swept with luscious velvet curtains. The teeming crowd is practically jumping out of their cushioned seats in e...

No comments:
Post a Comment