Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Social studies

A primary source is an original copy of the artifact or text. It is a first - hand account which is used as building blocks to create stories from the past. If they are reporting something the reporter has to be in the time - frame or saw, was there, when the event took place.

A secondary source is an artifact or text that has been edited or thoughts of another person have been added. Secondary items are made after the primary source. Secondary sources have been evaluated.

This is important for me to know because I can now tell if I'm reading an original copy of a book or am reading an edited version. I also need to know primary sources and secondary sources for the social studies museum(need to know the difference)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 12: Sustainable Cities

NeWater desalinates and recycles water ( https://www.pub.gov.sg/watersupply/fournationaltaps/newater ) Renewable energy: solar farm ( https:...